Volunteering Geelong has been a key partner supporting Volunteering Victoria's new HelpOUT emergency volunteering service. This service operates year-round. The service registers interested volunteers and links them to organisations working in disaster-affected communities when help is needed.
Volunteering to help in an emergency can be a rewarding and enriching experience.
Register now to offer your help when it is needed most.
Through HelpOUT, everyday Victorians can register their interest in helping communities impacted by an emergency. HelpOUT then matches people with rewarding volunteering opportunities that support identified community needs by partnering with the organisations working on the ground in affected communities.
People who want to volunteer can:
- Easily register their interest and availability online or over the phone
- Specify their preferred availability and the skills they can offer
- Be contacted by Volunteering Victoria's HelpOUT team and offered suitable volunteering opportunities as they become available
Eligible organisations involved in emergency management can:
- Register as a HelpOUT client organisation
- Receive tailored information and support to help prepare for emergency volunteering
- Submit requests for volunteers to assist with specific tasks before, during or after an emergency
For more information, read the Frequently Asked Questions or call us on (03) 8327 8560.