An exciting new volunteer leadership program - EMERGE was launched in Geelong on July 19. The Emerge Leadership Pilot Program was delivered by the Renewed Careers group. It ran over 3 workshops held in Geelong, engaging a variety of proven and experienced influencers as speakers and mentors, using a strength based approach.
The delivery of this program was not possible without the sponsorship funding provided by Geelong Community Foundation and Barwon Health Foundation. Participants in the 2018 program came from Wellways, Norlane Community Centre, Winged Horse Equine Welfare, Cloverdale Commmunity Centre, AMCS, Barwon Health, Humans in Geelong, Red Cross, Cherished Pets, Salvation Army, Peace of Mind, Tourism Geelong, Lara Community Centre and National Wool Museum.
The program focused on creating awareness of leadership trends, challenges and recognised practices, ensuring new skillsets are understood and engrained for continued everyday use, through support and mentoring. Sessions were customised to the participants’ needs and skillsets and naturally built momentum based on each individual’s leadership capacity across the course.
- Build knowledge of industry trends, opportunities and challenges within the volunteering and not for profit sector
- Develop strategies and practices to enable influential leadership for volunteer managers
- Build skills to manage influence, change and behavioural practises in volunteer programs
- Develop strategies to ensure you achieve internal organisational awareness and influence of the importance of your volunteering programs
- Develop strategic tools and practices to measure and leverage ongoing impact
To find out more contact Volunteering Geelong on 52211377.
Sponsored by Geelong Community Foundation and Barwon Health Foundation