Sorry for inconvenience but Volunteering Geelong have had to cancel this workshop.
Do you know that from January 1 2017, new legislation applies to all organisations in Victoria working with children?
- Sport clubs
- Support services
- Neighbourhood/community houses
- Youth groups
- Playgroups, toy libraries,
Child safety requires a whole of organisation commitment to, and responsibility for, the protection of children and a visible child safe culture. A two hour workshop is being held locally that will help support board members and volunteer leaders to become aware of what you need to do. The session will cover:
- Background to the new standards
- The new legislation and legal obligations for your organisation in accordance with the new child protection laws and a focus on the directors;
- Mandatory and voluntary reporting obligations under the new criminal legislation;
- Penalties for non--‐compliance with the new laws, including personal and corporate liability;
- Expectations from the regulators;
- Practical tips to ensure compliance for your organisation and all Board members, including how to comply with the seven new child safety standards; and
- Introduction to the Guide for creating a child safe organisation and Moores’ Child Protection Toolkit.
- A detailed overview of the Child Safe Standards
- Strategic ways in which community organisations can comply with the standards in an effective and practical way
- Top tips for ensuring continuous improvement when it comes to child protection;
- An overview of the case law on reporting concerns particularly as they relate to directors
- Practical tips regarding reporting matters to the police and DHHS
- Case Study Tips from an organisation with strategies already in place
- How to ensure that children are being listened to and given a voice when it comes to their own safety.
This workshop being delivered by Our Community.
Where: Volunteering Geelong (St Mary's Terrace) 192 Myers St, Geelong
When: Tuesday 29 August, 10am - 12noon
Cost: $50 Volunteering Geelong Financial Members, $60 Non Financial Members